Recipes From Living the American Backwoods Cabin Life

Homemade Thousand Island Dressing


When I'm living in Michigan, I am ten miles from the nearest grocery store. When I am living in Wyoming, I am twenty-five miles from the nearest grocery store. So with that in mind, I needed to learn some quick ways to make staples I may not have in the house using the ingredients I did have in the house.

Are you with me so far?

What if I wanted to make Turkey Reubens but had no Thousand Island Dressing?
What if we had a burger fry and I wanted to put a special sauce on my burger?
What if I made my husband a salad but was without his favorite dressing?


Homemade Thousand Island Dressing requires only four ingredients - sugar, ketchup, sweet relish and mayo.


First- 1 cup of Mayonaise.


Second, add 2 tablespoons of Ketchup.


Third, add 2 tablespoons of Sweet Relish.


Fourth, add 1 tablespoon of Sugar.

That's it!


Mix it all up!


And you have yourself a sauce, or a dressing, or whatever you like to eat with the taste of Thousand Island Dressing on it!

Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons ketchup
2 tablespoons Sweet Relish
1 tablespoon Sugar

Mix it all up. Store in the refrigerator.
I like to double the recipe and store it in a clean recyclable jar.


So creative aren't I?

snicker

No comments: